Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 24, 2014

The struggle is REAL today! 
 
My body is failing me... lets just say I physically feel weak, everything hurts and everything feels difficult today. I'm sure being up since 2am doesn't help. 
 
Sleep is difficult to come by... I'm exhausted all the time but can't sleep, its so frustrating. Maybe I'm having some sort of "sympathy symptoms". 
 
Lexie is feeling weak and tired, just breathing is an effort for her. Getting from our apartment to the hospital was a struggle today. Battling elevators, parking lots, traffic, people, etc... it all feels overwhelming. 
 
We have a clinic visit this afternoon and I'm guessing Lexie will need blood. In some ways I'm hoping she does because I know it will help her to feel better, but neither of us want to stay for the duration as the transfusion itself is 4 hours. 
 
We were hoping to have labs drawn this morning, so we could plan for the transfusion if she needs it, but when we got to the lab ... the "standing order" was not in the computer and there was a line 15 people deep. 
 
They day took an unexpected turn for the better when one of my best friends from high school made a surprise visit and then decided to stay the night with me tonight. We have been talking and laughing for hours... just what I needed today! Thanks Susie McSweeney for making the trip down and spending time with us!

Lexie did not need blood today, so clinic was a quick visit. 
 
Praising God for all the mercies that came flooding in this afternoon after our rough morning. 
 
Bone marrow aspiration and spinal tap scheduled for 8am tomorrow. Please pray for strength today and smooth bone marrow aspiration and spinal tap tomorrow morning. 
 
Prayers for Steve and the girls as they travel down through the night tonight, should arrive around 6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment