Monday, November 3, 2014

November 1, 2014

It was a long night without much sleep until about 4am when they gave Lex some Ativan ... she is still sleeping as I write. I'm grateful she is resting peacefully. My heart sank as I peeked my head into the hallway during the wee hours of the night to find family and friends of the child next door still camped in the hallway. This morning the hallway is clear and the room appears empty. My heart is heavy. Life is fragile.

Not much on the agenda for today. I have a feeling Lexie may sleep the day away. Please pray for cessation of the nausea and vomiting, for a good appetite, for energy and encouragement for Lexie. 


More later...
Amy

"I love waking up at dinner time!" - Letti

After sleeping the day away Lexie woke up feeling good! Praise God! Oh I can't tell you how good it is to see her chatting with friends on FaceTime, laughing and smiling again. I know there are many more miserable days ahead but I sure am glad to have a couple behind us. Rejoicing in this moment of happiness. 
 
Also, final report on the spinal fluid is clean. God is so good! Thanks for hanging with us through the ups and downs. 
 
My mom arrived safely today and we were able to rent an apartment at the same apt complex where we stayed when we were here with Mack. They only had one apartment available and it will be ready for us some time this week. I don't know why I'm surprised because God always shows up, but I'm in awe today of His provision. The social worker told us yesterday that we would never get in, apartments are full. So happy to have a plan for lodging.

We are having déjà vu ... Steroids are kicking in and Lex is following in Mack's steps craving cool ranch Doritos and chips. Continues prayers for a quiet night, complete healing and more mercy and grace... We can't get enough!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment