Friday, November 7, 2014

Lexie's Point of View

Hey folks!
 
Lexie here!
 
I thought you guys should know about some of the stuff that has happened through my point of view. It will probably be a little redundant, seeing as my mom has everyone pretty much up to date, but forget about the facts and number and lets take it back: 

The day they removed the node, everyone said it looked normal, felt normal, and even came out normal. So far, so good. Right? No.
 
Fast forward a few hours and you will see Aim and I sitting on my bed, just listening to a little Ed Sheeran, when the doctor walked in. He came in pretty late, so we kind of knew something was going on. He made some small talk right before he stated the ugly words, "We do have some new information.. you should call Steve." Ouch. Aim called Steve after finding out, so he and Mackenzie left their tables at Deweys, and just ran out of the restaurant (no, this is not a dine and dash, seeing as neither parties had actually dined).
 
After hearing Dr. Absalon's words I knew that this would affect my family and I immensely. Even through the clarity of God's protection and provision, I still tried to convince my brain that its just an infection, or the test results weren't accurate. I think it is safe to say that that idea tanked.
 
Fast forward to leaving the hospital and going home in the car. Two words, my friend: hot mess. It was horrible. I don't even remember some of the things because I was semi-asleep, but I do remember being in a very dark place in that car. I was also being super irrational and hysterically crying that I wouldn't be able to see Mabel. Then I would say I was okay, and then breakdown again. I apologize to the poor souls that were forced to hear me. It must have been terrifying.
 
Fast forward to when we get home, and I run upstairs to pet my cat and face plant so that I could smell the carpet, oddly enough.
 
My few days at home, were a blur. People coming, people going, people who would normally not talk to me, have been popping in. I think it's nice for everyone to care, but it also makes me wonder if some are only being nice because I am sick.
 
I am eternally grateful for my beautiful friends and family, who have stayed with me through all of the craziness.
 
Finally, we get to the treatment. It's makes me so mad because I need it to live, but it is so brutal. On day one I had the port put in, a spinal tap, and bone marrow aspiration. Don't ask me what those words mean.
 
It has been a week since that, and nothing new to report about the nausea. During the first chemo, I got super sick, but now I think I have loaded up enough pill power to push the nausea down. It is crazy because I can have one perfectly good day and then the next ... I am relying on too many facts and I need to let our God heal and do his thing.
 
Oh, and please don't ask about the craziness that happened with the whole "wall moving" and "aomeba" thing. That's a story for another time.

-lexie anne-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment