Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 2, 2014

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I've been held captive the past 24 hours for a Teen Wolf marathon. Sadly, I must admit, I actually got into it and may have been the one saying, "come on, one more episode"! haha

Lexie had a decent day yesterday and each day out from the last dose of steroids seems to be a little better than the last. We are so thankful for each glimpse, each ray of improvement. We are however, at the hospital now. Lexie is finishing her school session and then we are going to clinic for an unexpected visit today. 

It appears Lexie has a cellulitis (skin infection) on the back of her right leg. These feelings of hyper-vigilence in survellience of anything out of the normal in relation to Lexie's health have a lot of baggage attached to them. Knowing the reality from previous experiences that small things while immunosuppressed can become huge things really fast stirs up feelings I don't like and I don't want, but can't shake. 

So ... by the power in Jesus Name, with His strength and not my own ... I am laying these burdens down at the foot of the cross and walking away from them. I refuse to carry them and let them weigh me down. I may not be able to deal with all the medical trauma of our past, but HE is certainly able! 

I am so greatful for our God who makes Himself readily available to us, who longs to have a relationship with us, who loves us unconditionally and who holds me in His arms when I am in need of a refuge.

Hoping oral and topical antibiotics will be the route of choice or if Lexie needs IV antibiotics that we would be able to administer them at the apartment with her port accessed. 


Praying that the infection clears quickly and will not interfere with her chemo schedule which begins on Friday. 

Please join me today in praying for quick clearance of this infection and continued protection and healing for Lexie. 

I will keep you updated and post again after our clinic appointment this afternoon. 

Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment