Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Note from Lexie ... December 3, 2014

What's up guys, it's Lexie!

Well it has been an interesting couple weeks, so lets catch up:

For Thanksgiving, we had my dad, Kal, Mack, and Lauren came up to visit. Like I said, very interesting.

The steroids did a number on me and literally all I wanted to do was freaking eat eat eat eat eat. No joke. And to make matters worse, they made me a super grouch. One time, mom tried to take my food away and I swung at her. My bad.

No worries though, I am off of steroids now, but there's some serious withdrawls. On Saturday, I couldn't even get out of bed, I was so achey. Everyday is getting better except for the shaking. That hasn't really gotten better, which sucks, but hey, at least I can get out of bed, right?

So the holidays flew by and the gangs visit was far too short, but there were lots of good memories.

Good news! Mabel is here to stay! Mabel is my cat, to those who don't know. She gives mom and I something to do and she really makes it feel more like a home here.

So everyone left on a Sunday morning, leaving mom and I alone, but mom and I had some serious laughs. Like we were in clinic waiting for the doctors and I was curious about why my hair hasn't fallen out. As soon as I asked, I reached up and ripped out a chunk. I held it up and we started cracking up. And then, I went for the eyebrows and another chunk came out! That was it for me, I had to run to the bathroom or I would've peed my pants. Mom had tears streaming down her face she was laughing so hard.

Oh another story: I really wanted onion rings (cancer cravings you can't stop them) and we couldn't find them anywhere, so we resigned to White Castle. They had onion chips and chicken rings, which was weird, but it worked. So anyways, I was eating and mom did something that I thought was mock-worthy, so thats exactly what I did, but then we started laughing hysterically and then I started choking on food and ice cubes. I was coughing and dying so mom started pounding on my back while trying to drive. It was something.

I have to say, I'm super anxious for the steroids bloating to go down. Couple more weeks, I think. My stomach and back are sore from all the drugs. And speaking of drugs, what did they give me in the hospital!? I recently watched a video taken by Lauren and I'm high as a kite and I have no recollection of it. Talk about weird. Also, I have seen photos from when apparently everyone came down. No memories. None whatsoever.

Guys, I have cellulitis on my leg and if it gets any worse, I have to get IV antibiotics, so please pray it won't come to that. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I would like to be in the hospital for as minimal time as possible.

Mom, grandma and I are living off of yagoot frozen yogurt. It's soo good.

School is at the hospital and it's either from 1-2 or 1-3 and it is fabulous. I am honestly almost caught up or past most of my classes because we don't do regular school busy work. We just get things done and my teachers are great.

Friday I am getting another round of chemo, so please keep that in your prayers also, that it won't be too awful. So since my hair has started falling out, today was the day that we buzzed it again. It's much shorter guys, it's all gone. That makes me super sad.

I can't wait for everyone to come down for Christmas and huge thank you to everyone who has sent mail. We love the letters!

Really appreciate all the support. You guys rock. Okay well that's all for now! Deucesss.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment