Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 18, 2014

Just arrived at the hospital after a whole 7 hours at home, 4 hours of sleep.

Steve is currently at the dentist having a crown put on, friends/family will be here later this morning and I have to get Taylor to a 2:45 appointment this afternoon.

The past 24 hours have been rough. When it rains it pours ...

It was hard leaving Lexie and Mack in Cinci.

Yesterday I lost my purse (thankfully found it) started having car trouble as I was taking off for Chicago so rented a car at the last minute, horrible construction near Indy adding an hour to our trip, the cable went out, the cat puked twice. 

You name it... It was bound to happen. Despite all that it was still great to walk in the door and see Lindsay, Kali and Steve! 

Please pray this morning for wisdom for Lindsay's surgeon, for God to guide and direct his hand right to the pacer wires without having to open her breastbone. 


Praying there will be NO need for a chest tube post op, protection from human error, for angels to hover over the operating room, for satan to be bound, minimally invasive procedure, that the pacemaker will actually fix the problem and alleviate Lindsay's symptoms AND already praying for discharge TOMORROW! 

I'm reminded of the poem my good friend Heidi wrote 17 years ago:

If you listen very quietly you might just hear their wings
I've been walking with my Jesus and He's telling me these things

That there's Angels all around me to protect me from all harm
Within their wings I'm hiding and I'm sleeping in their arms
So be patient, wait on Jesus for you know right from the start,
It is God that walks beside me and he holds my special heart!!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And she's off... Just sent Linds to the OR. Please cover us in prayers. Surgery expected to be 2-3 hours. I'll keep you posted as I receive news

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just got word from the OR ... They found the wires and they look good! Praise God! OR nurse said she wasn't sure but it looked like a very small portion of the bottom of the breastbone was open but it was minimal. Still unsure if she will need a chest tube or drain. So far things are going smoothly ... Keep praying!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Out of surgery! Still in recovery. Haven't talked to doctors, but appears everything went as well as possible. No drainage or chest tubes. She should be discharged tomorrow if things continue as is. Please pray for a quiet night. Will update when I know more..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 

Here's what we accomplished today... Steve survived his crown at the dentist this morning, Lindsay was "the easy case today" (which is a first for us!) and flew through heart surgery/ pacemaker placement like a champ, Taylor saw the doctor, had labs drawn and a chest X-ray done (seeing ENT tomorrow) and Lexie had labs drawn and is plowing through her chemo schedule! That was a marathon day and your prayers carried us!

Lindsay is doing well outside of the puking from anesthesia and sore chest. They opened a small portion of her breastbone, found the wires, attached the device and implanted it in her abdomen. Apparently everyone celebrated in the OR when they determined the wires were still "good". I had no idea there was a chance they wouldn't be good and it's a good thing. They had prepared to open her entire breastbone, replace her homograph and valve, place new wires and device. 

Praising God for the mercy in the unknown and that none of the above was needed!

The first thing Lindsay said to me when I got back to her room was ..."so apparently I had a really hot doctor while you were gone, but he came in after I threw up and I had dried puke all over my neck.... That was unfortunate!" Ohhhh Linny! 

We are still on track for discharge tomorrow! 

Thank you so much for your incredible support today. 

Lexie will be in clinic for another spinal tomorrow and then head to day hospital for 2 IV chemo's. 

Please pray specifically for tolerance to these chemo's. No blood transfusion needed this week. Praise God!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment