Friday, February 20, 2015

February 20, 2015

It's a fine line between giving up and surrendering. I'm not sure where I am on that continuum, but what I do know is that I don't have a lot of fight left in me.

Lexie continues to have a fever, blood cultures drawn, antibiotics started and our get out of jail ticket revoked. We are stuck here.

Disappointment is an understatement. In the big picture and grand scheme of things this is just a little bump in the road, but when your reserves are low, the little things feel so much bigger.

I am trying my hardest to use the little energy I do have left to focus on the positive and all the things we have to be grateful for (which is an abundance!) but my humanity wants to wallow in self pity and scream "this sucks, I hate this and I don't want to do it anymore"!

Who knew 10 years later roles would be reversed ... this is Lexie and Mackenzie back when Mackenzie was fighting cancer.

So grateful for this precious gem who came to brighten our stinky day.

Kara & Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment